I just wanted to say that I have felt incredibly mentally slowwww at least several times a day for quite some time now. in psych 101, prof. villado tried to explain why teenagers sometimes offer no explanation for stupid decisions other than "I don't know." something about the front part of the brain (oh gosh I'm forgetting it all already). well maybe not necessarily stupid decisions...but it's amazing how easy it is to live a whole day completely mindlessly, passively, unintentionally, without thinking about what you're doing and why.
I hope college changes this. Or rather, I hope I change in college. I think the peak of my intellectual growth was back in middle school. something happened in high school. my brain went on cruise control at its minimum rate of effort to scantron my way to a decent university. the only thing I really had to use my whole mental energies think about was some of my art, and I could have pursued that more aggressively too. never let schooling get in the way of your education, especially if you have a terrible tendency to be ignorantly passive (passively ignorant?). and post script, "going against the grain of conformity gets rid of the itch on your back that you can't reach."
I hate to admit it but it comes down to Umma's words - Use your head.
No comments:
Post a Comment