Moving has taught me two things:
1. Simplicity is good. In this case, this means I can live a fruitful life without most of the stuff (clothes I'll honestly never fit into again, notebooks that are a quarter filled and three-quarters blank, super cute super useless decorations, odds and ends hoarded for art projects that will never be...) I've amassed over the years.
2. I am so not as patient as I thought I was. If how you treat your family carrying boxes in 90+ degree Texas humidity shows who you really are, I have yet to go through a lot of transformation by the Spirit.
I guess also
3. I really should learn to listen to my brother like Morrie Schwartz listened to everyone in his life. Eye contact, undivided attention. Most of the time I'm thinking - MAN when did this kid become SO TALKATIVE. When he goes to sleep though I realize sometimes he just wants what everyone wants - to be noticed. And valued.
Anyways we're almost done unpacking and it's starting to feel like home. I'm thankful to have space to breathe and think in my own yellow and white room - finally feel like painting again.
No comments:
Post a Comment