I listened to this Focus on the Family broadcast during breakfast with my mom. Sooo relevant.
Finding Satisfaction in God, Not Food 2
I've never heard anyone talk about food/weight loss from such a biblical standpoint. Alongside the idols of greed, lust, approval, reputation, service, and accomplishment, food can seem like such a laughable matter. But let's be honest, it really isn't (for females, anyways. I don't know if guys struggle with this as much). It's something that has to be laid at His feet over and over again. It consumes more of my thoughts than I'd like to admit - whether it's guiltily giving into my cravings or obsessing over my weight.
how does a true woman of God, a Proverbs 31 woman who seeks first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, go about this day by day? what does it look and feel like to be healthy, in all senses, and live life without that pitiful sense of defeat?
I enjoyed listening to the broadcast, Hannah! Thanks for sharing it, because this is something I had been thinking about lately, about how much pleasure I get from food and much time I spend on food blogs, talking about food, eating it, etc.
ReplyDelete