from today's Utmost:
Peter now realizes that he does love Him, due to the revelation that came with the Lord’s piercing question. The Lord’s next point is— “Pour yourself out. Don’t testify about how much you love Me and don’t talk about the wonderful revelation you have had, just ’Feed My sheep.’ ”
Yesterday's Utmost was about Peter's profound realization of his love for Jesus through Jesus' deeply piercing questions. I don't fully understand this (and probably won't until it happens to me), but I'm hoping that eventually Jesus will make me as sure of my love for Him as Peter was, and there will be no need for proof, only a passion to feed His sheep. I'm hoping too that God will help me, so prone to both haste and laziness, to discern the difference between loving with His love and loving with my own. I am probably going to fail at this many, many times. :P In the mean time though, I'll do my best.
No comments:
Post a Comment