The message at First Presb today was about the tension between what we expect of Jesus and what he expects of us, who He is and who we want Him to be, as exemplified in the Triumphal Entry in the gospel of Matthew. Dahh I really wish I had more time to reflect on this...it's released a barrage of unresolved thoughts, and all during the final 28.5 remaining hours of charrette...
But anyways, something simpler -
the pastor ended the message by directing our attention to the guy who owned the donkey that the disciples got for Jesus. Jesus said, "Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, say that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away."
I wonder whether I am that person, with my own donkey and colt, my own time and hands and possessions. Will I too, when I find that "the Lord needs them", immediately respond? It's all the same message, and it's all so much easier said than done, huh.
No comments:
Post a Comment