this is all I want.
that He would turn this heart of stone into a heart of flesh. and in the only way He ever does when it comes to intimacy: not by throwing it across the room to shatter it, but by melting it with His love. He is Love.
that He would give me strength to throw off everything that hinders, including my unbelief and false knowledge and callousness and insecurity and shame,
that He would resurrect me, again.
that He would call me out of a barrenness that I've been ashamed of for so long.
that He would set me free to worship Him selflessly in spirit and in truth.
that He would set me free to truly "rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep."
that He would allow "streams of living water" to "flow from deep within".
that He would do all of these things by bringing me to a deeper knowledge of how direly I need a Saviour, how He has paid the price for our sin once and for all, how He loves...and all for His glory.
Show me miracles, show me for Your name.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
No comments:
Post a Comment