Wednesday, June 8, 2011

progress

Opening doors for all three of us instead of rushing off, closing the car door after me, taking the groceries in my hands...might not sound monumental, but it makes it that much easier to let go of everything that happened before this past hour.
Fathers in the world, know that it's these quiet little signs of thoughtfulness that make all the difference in your daughters' lives, oftentimes more so than spare phone chargers, fancy laptops, and help with securing an internship.


Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres.

And so we begin our summer as a family...probably the last summer we will all be together geographically. Tomorrow, and the seventy-something days after that, we will all upset and hurt each other in some way. I have my moments of doubt and slight despair because of this. But knowing that Jesus is doing things in each of us, making us more like Him and enabling us to meet each other halfway (like tonight), is all the hope I need - for Appa, for Umma, for Dongseng, for myself, and for everyone else here who shares our blood.
All the more reason to cleave to Him.

And I guess all this laughter helps too. I really missed laughing hard and acting like a complete goof during the first few weeks here.

1 comment: