I have a mountain of things to do this week. But before I get on that...talking to L today made me realize how many prayers have been getting answered from the past semester to this one (the importance of remembering by sharing what He has done...), and I want to take some time to remember a few of the things He has done.
Sisters to run alongside.
Sisters in campus fellowship and different churches, but a sister in studio as well, especially as of late. You have no idea. Jehovah Jireh all the way.
Discernment and fulfillment in God-honoring fellowship with brothers. What a journey, man.
Actually, there is no such thing as fellowship that is not God-honoring, but lately I've been realizing that a lot that I've thought of as fellowship isn't really, because Christ is not truly at the center. A heart-to-heart with a Christian is not always fellowship, and it is not always God-honoring.
True fellowship does not suck the life out of me (although some aspects of it really are a battle). True fellowship gives life, because it is all about Himmmmmm.
Brothers and sisters and God's provision in general for those I had a heart for but was simply incapable of holding onto. Especially L. It is amazing to see how much God carefully considers and answers even prayers that we forgot we prayed about a long time ago.
Knowing the Holy Spirit, slowly but surely, as long as I draw near to Him.
Rooming situation. His perfect, perfect plan. For me and for L and K.
The right attitude towards architecture - the present and the future.
The answer is Colossians 3. I knew it in my head, but only after B shared that did I realize that that's all I need to know. I've wasted so much time, but He is faithful. May He do what is best in His sight wit the rest of my college career.
The right attitude towards CCF. Letting go of it, embracing it. In progress.
Sharing the good news. In progress, but I mean, happening for sure.
Giving Him the firstfruits of the day.
"See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Revelations of these offensive ways in me, as I chain and bind myself with many many layers of duct tape onto the altar braced for some real scary pain (inspiration from Z). Some things: relationship with parents (more like parent), relationship with friends, delayed gratification, household duties, being too highly thought of, trying to keep up the being too highly thought of, FOOD AND SLEEP, lust and greed. It might be a matter of days (hours?) before I really, really, REALLY regret writing this down and telling other people.
He must INCREASE, I must DECREASE.
>_<
I refuse to live a life of confusion (no more Amaziah-ing!) any longer, even if letting God pry my fingers off is excruciatingly painful and foolish in the eyes of the world.
"A heart-to-heart with a Christian is not always fellowship, and it is not always God-honoring."
ReplyDeleteBoss