On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.
One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,
and that you, O Lord, are loving.
Surely you will reward each person
according to what he has done.
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
I asked God to show me what it means to hope in His unfailing love. I knew that this was important, but I didn't know how and why and would He please take the scales from my eyes because reading this book of all books in the Bible has been so dry. This is important. It is a promise to hold onto for dear life in this battle of sin. In this kingdom, yours is mine, theirs is ours, one suffers, we all suffer, one rejoices, all rejoice. May God pierce you and me with the Sword if we cherish any festering scrap of sin in our heart. Help me listen harder harder harder. I want to help you do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment