There's a Caedmon's Call song that I used to hear on the radio (when I used to listen to the radio) that goes "I am thankful that I'm incapable of doing any good on my own."
Well right now, I am truly thankful, instead of truly heart-broken, that I am incapable. As Sister C reminded us last night, what a danger it is the moment we think we are capable of doing good apart from complete dependence on the Spirit. What a lie.
The knowledge that puffs gets terribly cumbersome, and although I know too well what I'm supposed to be and do, I realize again and again that I am pathetically incapable both to will and to do. It is because I forget, or never really understood, that
the Spirit empowers me both to will and to do. Only through the Spirit can I call Jesus my Lord. Only through Jesus dwelling in me, will streams of living water ever flow from within me.
He is so gracious. May we wait on Him today and be empowered by the Spirit to do good works for His name - as we study, clean, cook, return calls, emails, and texts, be punctual, take care of our bodies, strike up conversations with strangers, get to know the people we live with, work as if working for Him, purge the evil from our lives, pray continually, trust with all our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment