Thursday, September 15, 2011

reminded of neutrality once more at the Kings'

I told my sisters at book study tonight about still waiting for an answer from Him in deciding whether or not to take up this specific opportunity to serve, as well as a whole host of other things.

Gloria reminded me tonight that God is a God of clarity and not of confusion, of light and not darkness. And if I am not hearing anything, perhaps I am simply not being neutral. Perhaps my own preferences and opinions, as well as those of men, still cloud my vision. I need to lay all of these things down at His feet, rest in the fact that He knows my heart, and trust Him to reveal His will in His perfect time.



Tonight, I am also struck by Jesus' meekness and lowliness - the humility that was once only an indicator of weakness until he came to this world and established it as the supreme virtue. I am amazed at how he washes his disciples' feet in one moment and allows others to bow at his feet in worship the next.

I am encouraged by the fact that we need not mimic His humility. We can trust that He lives in us, and by the Spirit does He set us free from the flesh and enable us to be truly humble as well.

And I am challenged by the servanthood of the Proverbs 31 woman - a challenge that I can only take up once I stop blogging nice thoughts and find opportunities to be the faithful steward and servant in the blech details of my washing-peanut-butter-off-the-spoon vida cotidiana.
May this blog help me commit to following these daily callings, rather than delaying them or distracting from them. Loitering not allowed.

1 comment:

  1. "washing-peanut-butter-off-the-spoon vida cotidiana" --> love that phrase and the spanish thrown in.

    also love the reminder of being meek.

    ReplyDelete